Dialog Import Single File
OverviewUsing this dialog, you can import a single file as part of the measurements of the selected patient.
The single file can be imported either as a new measurement, or as part of an existing measurement.
Specify a single file for importing
1. Open File buttonPress to open a File Open dialog, in which you can select the file you want to import.
2. File nameDisplays the file name of the file that should be imported. Press the Open File button to fill this field. You may also copy a link into the field.
3. Measurement nameDisplays a name for the measurement that will contain the specified file. A name is proposed, but you may change the name as you like.
4. Stream AliasDisplays the stream alias for the imported file. A stream alias is a general short name for the measurement, read more about it here: link.
5. Option: New MeasurementSelect this to add the file as a new measurement.
6. Option: Add to selected measurementSelect this item to add the file to the measurement that is currently selected in the list on the main screen.
7. Confirmation buttonImports the file and closes the dialog.
8. Cancel buttonCancels importing of a file and closes the dialog. Your data set is not changed.
DetailsImporting a single file into the data set of a patient is an advanced operation, because the Data Manager does not know anything about that file in advance. Therefore, you have to specify two important values:
1. The name of the measurement. If the file is imported as a new measurement, then that measurement is listed with the name specified here. By default, the main part of the file name is taken as measurement name, which you can change afterward to a name that is meaningful to you.
2. The alias of the measurement file. Each file in a measurement has a unique alias, which is a short name for that file (see also: link). The aliases are listed in the measurement list of the Data Manager. Often, the alias is part of the file name as a second file name extension. If the file that you are about to import has a second extension, then this is taken as alias automatically. You can change the alias as you like, before importing.
Then you select whether you want to import as a new measurement (the upper choice), or to import in the selected measurement (the lower choice). The currently selected patient and measurement is displayed in order to visualize where the file will be imported to.
If you select to import as a new measurement, then a measurement folder is created inside the folder of the current patient. The folder is named according to the setting Format of the folder name for a new measurement in the Options dialog (link).
During importing, a structure is made so that it appears as if the imported file was a measurement of the current patient. By this means, the imported file is made compatible with the file structure as used by the Data Manager.